What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday
The Community Business Director is responsible for managing financial aspects of the community, accounting functions, and business office functions. This individual serves as the community’s primary resource for handling and managing financial based concerns and/or issues from residents and/or their families. This individual is also responsible for coordinating human resources related activities in conjunction with Regional Support staff and the Support Center, as well as supporting community hiring and on-boarding requirements. This individual also serves as ‘manager on duty’ on an as-needed basis and in the absence of the Executive Director and Hospitality Director.
• Manage, in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures, collection and maintenance of resident data in Company systems, including but not limited to demographic and status changes, billing confirmations, and entering resident move in contracts.
• Manage the community’s accounting finances, utilizing independent judgment and discretion to analyze and verify submitted expenditures and budgetary matters for community departments.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, developing, and evaluating assigned staff.
• Manage and direct all accounts receivable and accounts payable functions of the community.
• Coordinate with the Executive Director and Human Resources Manager/Director the on-site human resources and employment functions for the community, including but not limited to administrating employee leaves, advising and counseling on employment activities, including all hiring and on-boarding processes, training and education on specified employee benefits, performs payroll administration and ensuring employees’ files are maintained in accordance with Atria Retirement Canada’s policies and applicable law.
• Participate in month-end close processes of accrual preparation and analysis of general ledger and monthly financials in conjunction with Executive Director.
• Work in conjunction with the Executive Director with the preparation of operational and financial variance reports.
• Provide training and orientation to new employees and any applicable ongoing training for current employees.
• Work diligently toward the completion of special projects, requests, and assignments as appropriate.
• Assist in sales process by conducting inquiry tours and responding to general questions.
• Serve as the community’s “manager-on-duty” on a regular basis.
• Provide on-call and overnight coverage as specified by schedule or as needed.
• Provide high levels of customer service in creating a first-class dining experience for residents from time to time.
• Use their independent judgment and discretion to address and solve issues before they become problems or complaints.
• Ensure that the business office meets Quality Enhancement standards at all times. Oversee and maintain all risk associated items including but not limited to, workers compensation claims processes and community commercial vehicle licensing requirements.
• May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
• Degree or diploma in Accounting, Business, Finance or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of provincial employment standards practices.
• Three (3) or more years’ work experience in business office management,
• Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make decisions designed to achieve Company expectations and goals for the community.
• Ability to perform or learn budget analysis and variance reporting.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office and ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Position may require driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
• Must possess valid driver’s license.
• Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria Motor Vehicle Policy standards.
Business Director, accounting, Accounting Manager, business office management, finance, Community Business Director, Business Office Manager, Human Resources, HR, Bookkeeping, Bookkeeper, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Business Office Coordinator, General Ledger, Payroll, Accounting Manager, Assisted Living, Retirement, Senior Living, Hospitality, Hotel, Employees, Accrual preparation, Expense-tracking, Accounting, A/P, A/R, G/L